Let’s boost growth and development in 2018 JCI European Conference!
We need YOU to share your expertise!
JCI European Development Council arranges growth and development themed program in upcoming 2018 JCI European Conference in Riga. We want you to share your expertise by facilitating a session related to growth and development of Local and/or National Organizations. So, if you have a great training course to boost growth and development – we want to hear from you!
How to get in? Submit your proposed skills development session with the same method as in the call JCI has made for the conferences (read details below). EDC will use the submissions to select the facilitators and the content.
Log in to jci.cc and submit your proposal by 9th February 2018 here.
Proposed skills development sessions must be related to the development of the skills and abilities of JCI members so they can improve the administration, leadership and management of the Local Organization and conduct projects that create sustainable solutions and positive change in their communities. All skills development sessions at Area Conferences will be focused on one of the following themes: Strategic Planning/Management, Motivational Coaching, Partnerships, Behavioral/Communications or Entrepreneurship. These sessions can be either 90 minutes, 2 hours or 3 hours in length.
Skills development sessions must support JCI Local Officers and members to accomplish the JCI Mission by conducting more relevant community projects. Consequently, the Local Organizations must have well prepared officers and leaders. JCI is therefore calling for courses and sessions with the following criteria:
- JCI is inviting trainers and speakers who created or studied advanced theories or methods of Strategic Planning/Management, Motivational Coaching, Partnerships, Behavioral/Communications or Entrepreneurship.
- Specific topics relating to these themes can range from leading the millennial generation, managing volunteer organizations to reach their mission and goals, problem solving and decision making in the group dynamic, involving young active citizens in JCI projects, creatively engaging unrelated sectors of society toward creating positive change, etc.
- To apply for these sessions, you should have a deep knowledge on the subject and great experience in leading JCI members at local and national levels.
To apply, please go to JCI's website to request to conduct a training at Upcoming JCI Events. The deadline to receive applications is 9th February 2018.
If you intend to apply, please keep the following in mind:
- You should only apply if you are certain you will attend the event. Failing to attend events for which you applied to lead a course creates a problem. While there may be reasonable causes for cancellations, please do not apply if there is a risk that you may not be able to attend.
- You must cover your own registration, travel and hotel accommodations. Conducting sessions at a JCI Event is a great opportunity to broaden your horizons, generate invitations from other National or Local Organizations, and become internationally recognized. JCI does not provide any financial assistance to those who conduct sessions at JCI Events. The Conference Organizing Committee will provide basic logistic aids (projector, screen, flip chart, paper and markers), but members must bring their own laptops and audio devices.
For any additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.