JCI Active Citizen Framework is one of the highlights and emphasis in 2018 JCI Plan of Action. The tool has proven to be effective around the world and Local and National Organizations have created success and impact by following the guidelines of JCI Active Citizen Framework.
Now JCI Europe and JCI European Development Council are looking for individual members for JCI Active Citizen Framework Ambassadors for Europe. Their job is to promote and inspire the use and benefits of JCI Active Citizen Framework more also in Europe in local and national level.
• Good knowledge about JCI Active Citizen Framework, also in practise
• Effective delivery skills (as a trainer and a presenter)
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Diligent, trustworthy and able work efficiently without constant supervision
• Able to travel to 2018 JCI European Conference in Riga and also join Growth and Development Academy prior 2018 JCI European Conference 15th-18th of June (please ask further details).
• Promote JCI Active Citizen Framework and the use of it, with creativity and various methods, in Europe
• Develop new complementing tools, training session or materials, if needed, to advance JCI Active Citizen Framework to become more known and used
• Participate team meetings
• Collaborate with JCI Headquarters staff relating JCI Active Citizen Framework
• Communicate with the national contact persons
• Ambassadors serve under JCI European Development Council
• Time required: average 1-2 hours per week
What you can gain from the position
• More in depth knowledge about JCI in international level and about the projects organizations do
• Experience of collaborating in international environment
• Experiences to train and present
• Forming overall view of JCI in Europe
• Getting ideas and motivation from the team, National Organizations, events and meetings.
• Experience and visibility as asset to further JCI career
What else to know
• Based on applications, maximum 4-6 ambassadors will be selected.
• The term of office is until the end of 2018, but with option to extend the term.
• You may also serve in other JCI position while being ambassador, but you must make sure that you have time to take care all of your duties.
• There is no separate budget reserved for the ambassadors and they are responsible e.g. for their own travels expenses.
• If needed, the team of ambassadors will be selecting among themselves a chairperson.
• The selection of ambassadors is done by JCI European Development Council Board.
How to apply?
• Write a short application demonstrating your experience relation JCI Active Citizen Framework and highlighting your skills, experience and value for the position. Also state clearly the highest positions you have held in JCI –in local, national and international level.
• Describe also initial Plan of Action on what you would do as JCI Active Citizen Framework Ambassador to enhance the purpose of your position.
• Applications must be endorsed by National President of your National Organization (National President needs to send endorsement email to firstname.lastname@example.org after applicant has submitted his/her application)
• Applications are send online here.
• Deadline to send the applications in extended till 8th April 2018.
Here you can find the Call for Applications Paper.
For further questions, contact:
2018 JCI European Development Council Chairperson
+358 40 538 0433